Sunday, July 08, 2007

Live Earth (What a wonderful evening!)

Last night was the event mentioned previously called Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I think I also mentioned that I'd volunteered to host a Climate Party in our home for MoveOn.Org. We'd never done anything like this before and weren't sure what to expect, so took some prudent precautions to ensure that SOME things weren't just out laying around, but after the folks left we laughed at our concerns. I don't think you could meet 14 strangers nicer than these, and they brought GREAT food and drink!

Most everyone brought their own plate, glass, utensils, and I'd thought to run the dishwasher so they could take everything home clean, but there was more food to eat and then dessert to eat and seemed like I couldn't keep more than 4 plates in the dishwasher (which would be a waste of energy to run). So, some washed their stuff at the sink and some took their stuff home dirty, but Em and I had only OUR dishes to clean, a very small bag of garbage for the dump and a recycling bin full of beer bottles. I LOVE liberals! I'd ask them all to come again next weekend just because I'd like to spend more time with them, but I leave for Illinois tomorrow and won't be back for 10 days.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Thanks for a great evening, all of you, and expect to be invited back soon!

In other news, as I just said, I'm leaving to spend 9 days with No. 2 early tomorrow morning. Finally printed off my itinerary for Em this morning at his insistence (lol), and got our laundry hung outside. No. 1 is coming this afternoon for a boggle or 20, so I need to get important things (and unimportant things) done while I still have a semi-working brain. She's also gonna take Ekans over to Dave's when she leaves here today. She has a designated driver (with a truck) this time because last time I wouldn't let her leave. Ekans is really hungry, I think, but his activity may be because of the humidity with me leaving the windows open and turning off the AC.

BTW, we DID turn on the AC for the party last night. It was still pretty warm in the house, but 16 people create a certain amount of heat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Anita, Emilio, and all!

The party was great fun, thanks so much for opening your house to all of us. I'm not so crazy about the photos (#2 = ugh!), but, oh well!

The food was excellent (your pulled pork was especially yummy, and the sweet tea was just right). The MoveOn TownHall DVD was interesting and informative, and what I saw of the concerts was exciting (I was just too busy yakking to watch most of the time, however). I'm just sorry I didn't get to talk more with everyone who was there, and hope to see all of you again someday.

Thanks again and have a wonderful trip to Chicago, Anita!

I'm bookmarking your blog, and will be back. :)

Oldnovice said...

Good to see you posting, Helen. Seems like folks come over to read but few bother to take the time to post. I never understood why, since it's so easy!

I know what you mean about seeing/not seeing everything shown on the TV. I missed most of the Townhall DVD so thought I'd watch it again before I voted in MoveOn's poll...except then I left town and learned that the voting had to be done before I got back. [sigh]