Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween. What other day of the year can you be anything you want to be? I'm gonna miss Ekans and #1 sharing the stoop with me to accept the neighborhood ghouls, ghosts, and goblins, though.

We get over a hundred trick-or-treaters, but I'm not sure how many over 100. We typically offered chocolate snack bars of verious kinds, including the kinds WE liked. This year, we're both 10 lbs overweight, so I bought one bag of 300 dum dums. Not something we're interested in eating, dum dum pops are pretty ecologically friendly. The sticks are cardboard, the pops are basically just sugar and corn syrup, and the wrapper is waxed paper. The price is right, as well ($8.00).

Photobucket

Harvested sweet potatoes this week. They grow DOWN, with the largest being at the top of the mound and size receding as I dug deeper. I've been told that other types of potatoes grow UP, but I killed mine this year, so can only assume that's true. I'll definitely grow sweet potatoes again next Spring, starting SEVERAL mounds with plants I've started indoors.

Photobucket

That was a nice treat for Halloween.

No comments: